Identify and demonstrate good customer service and communication concepts.
Whether instructing patrons on how to use the Internet or resolving a problem for someone who is upset, good customer service and communication skills are necessary for meeting the information needs of patrons. Below are examples of my proficiency in these skills in a variety of contexts.
- Scripts for Handling Material Challenges
- How To Open an Email Account (handout)
- How To Open an Email Account (slides)
- Best Practices for Online Security (brochure)
- New Technology Proposal
- LIBR 103 Session 4 Study Questions
While completing my practicum at GPL, I was asked to update the Easy-PC Guides. My updates included condensing the text and adding pictures. In some instances I thought it might be clearer to separate various topics out into individual guides. For instance, setting up email accounts in both Gmail and Yahoo were previously described on one page. Below are links to the documents on GPL’s website that I significantly rewrote or created myself, but are copyright GPL.
- How to Create an Email Account in Yahoo
- How to Create an Email Account in Gmail
- How to Access Your Email Account
- How to Add an Attachment to an Email in Gmail or Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Basics