Understand the basic steps required to get a book on the shelf
The basic steps required to get books on the shelves include receiving order requests, either from various departments or directly from patrons; verifying the gap in the collection; ordering the material; bill payment and bookkeeping; and physical processing, which includes labeling, covering, cataloging, and shelving.
Again, these documents don’t so much lay out the processing steps as demonstrate my awareness and understanding of the process.
- Acquisitions Processing and Cataloging
- Budget Simulation
- Budget Tracking Simulation
- Thoughts About Streamlining Materials Processing
- LIBR 104 Session 14 Review Questions
- LIBR 104 Session 7 Review Questions
- LIBR 104 Session 5 Review Questions